NBC's Minute To win It was created in 2003 by Derek Banner and Banner Universal Motion Pictures LLC - BUMP Productions - with the original title MINUTE WINNER - YOU GOT ONE MINUTE TO WIN IT™. The original draft was in November 2005, with an extended version READ YOUR FORTUNE in 2007, presented for further development to the Swedish format company Friday TV of the Metronome Group / Shine Nordics AB. The draft format was also presented to ITV UK in 2005. Friday TV developed and licensed the gameshow to NBC in 2009, aired the first time on NBC in March 2010, and on ITV2 UK in August 2011. Minute To Win It is currently licensed to 79 territories.
MINUTE TO WIN IT ORIGINAL DRAFT PROPOSAL FOR FURTHER DEVELOPMENT 2003, PRESENTED TO FRIDAY TV, JOCK MILLGÅRDH, MATTIAS OLSSON
Challenges are stunningly simple in terms of concept in MINUTE WINNER - MINUTE TO WIN IT
- Find the right key to open a brand new car in one minute ... (Minute Winner)
- Put on a brand new suit in one minute ... (Minute Winner)
- Open a brand new bicycle in one minute. (Minute Winner)
- Transfer a cookie from your forehead to your mouth in one minute ... (Minute To Win It)
- Blow a bubble in the air across the stage in one minute ... (Minute To Win It)
- Guide a thread through the eyelets of ten needles... in one minute ... (Minute To Win It)
- You literally have a minute to win it ! (Minute Winner - Minute To Win It)
Minute Winner - Minute To Win It can take place in a studio environment or on Location:
- At Home
On the street ....
- Get 5 ping-pong balls into a fish bowl by bouncing them off 3 plates, lined up in front of the fish bowl inone minute.
- Get a pretzel out of a fishbowl using a sticky gummy worm attached to the end of a fishing line in one minute.
- Slide a toothbrush down a strip of dental floss and land it into a toothbrush holder in one minute
- Stack 8 large metal nuts using only a candy cane on a tray held in the other hand in one minute.
- Balance 3 candy canes on a string in one minute.
- Pick up 1 of 18 plastic cups on a center table and place the small candy from under that cup into 1 of 3 in one minute
- Toss a shoe onto a table using only a foot in one minute
- Stack 5 wooden baby blocks on top of plastic plate balanced on top of the head in one minute.
- Spin a wooden propeller into a distant basket in one minute
And son on ...
READ YOUR FORTUNE
How fast can you read, How much
can you remember to win
one million Dollars ?
EXTENDED VERSION OF
MINUTE WINNER - MINUTE TO WIN IT
Presented for further development to Friday TV in 2007, Jock Millgårdh and Mattias Olsson.
Within three to five minutes the participant accumulates a fortune by quickly reading out loud to the viewers and to the live studio audience as many pages of a book as possible, or lines from a giant screen.
Each page or line (challenge) is worth an amount of money that the participant accumulates every time he/she thumbs through the book, for instance $1000, $2000, $3000 $4000 $5000 $6000 $7000 $8000 $9000 etc.
The participant has five or more book categories (challenges) to choose from: Biography (Celebrities or VIPs), Film, Crime, Politics, and History. (Different categories may be introduced each week for each program: Funny Stories, Love Stories, Children Stories, etc. (All the books are of the same size and format, pocket size or paperback format for instance, and are written in same size letter typesets). ...
MINI VERSIONS OF READ YOUR FORTUNE
“Read Your Fortune” can as well be made in different shorter versions or mini-games as described in the following example
PRIVATE AT HOME
Within five minutes, a single mother has to try to win a small fortune by reading a children story to her 6-year-old daughter.
The mother and daughter will answer questions afterwards related to the number of pages or part of the story that she has read.
The more right answers they each give the bigger the fortune they may finally win.
IN A SCHOOL CLASSROOM
Within 5 minutes, a student (or a teacher) has to read a number of pages of a book and try to win a small fortune for his class or to finance a school trip. They will answer questions afterwards related to the pages read.
IN A SHOP
Within five minutes, a shop owner or shopkeeper (bookshop, clothing shop, etc…) has to read to a customer a number of pages of a book and try to win together a small fortune. They will answer questions afterwards related to the number of pages read.
On the street, …
Many more similar examples can be made …
READ YOUR FORTUNE AS A FAMILY GAME OR DURING SOCIAL EVENTS
“Read Your Fortune” can as well be an entertainment game that can be played at home between family members or between friends during a social event. Family members or friends can test each other’s reading skills and each try to win a small fortune or an amount of money.
Banner Universal Motion Pictures LLC - BUMP Productions owns the titles MINUTE WINNER and MINUTE TO WIN IT since 2003 and has title protection in accordance with the Copyright act .
Minute Winner Title in French since 2006: UNE MINUTE POUR GAGNER ™
Banner Universal Motion Pictures LLC - BUMP Productions - created and has used MINUTE WINNER, MINUTE TO WIN IT, and UNE MINUTE POUR GAGNER trademarks since 2003 in its marketing of the format Minute Winner and thereby has established based rights to the trademarks.
FULLCIRCLEBALL - New Team Sport - Another Bump-productions creation